Tuesday, November 15, 2011

recipe : cold porcelain


Hi friends

I was requested to post the recipe of the cold porcelain by some craft enthusiast.As promised I am writing this post for them.The thing is,I am not a pro either.I have just discovered the wonders of the cold porcelain.cold porcelain  dough can be bought from the market,there are many branded dough….like hobby ideas and  now some Chinese companies are also coming up with  cold porcelain dough in a very competitive price…the good things about these ready made doughs is ,you don’t need to add colours and it has even textures which adds a special look in your every cold porcelain crafts.

The post where I added some snaps of my first cold porcelain project got attention of my fellow crafters.thank you .since it was my first project I was willing to try the home made recipe..and honestly I guess,the cost was much lower than the dough that are available in the market.
of course it will take much practice to give the finish of a factory made dough….but  should not  it be the aim of  all craft artist?

Before I describe the recipe.I would like to thank Helan Shanta Kumari who was kind enough to teach me the recipe.she is a housewife and craft is her passion..she has a blog where she showcased her cold porcelain creations….I liked her work very much…thank you verymuch  Helan.

Here's how you make the dough
Corn flour -- 1 cup

fevicol or white gum -- 1 cup

glycerin -- 1 tsp

lime juice -- 2 tsp

zinc oxide powder - 1/2 tea spoon

mix all the things in a frying pan and keep the flame at its minimum. stir continually and eventually it will become as chapatti dough.

At this point remove it from the heat and mix  any oily moisturizer with the dough  by your hand like parata dough.

 keep it in an air tight box or cover  it for 15 mins. 

if possible seperate the dough in to small balls to mix colors as per the requirement -- use acrylic colrs / fabric colors.

Avoid mixing pearls colors as they wont be bright, you can use pearl colors when finishing touch is given.

After completing the desired object 
varnish the entire thing so that after a long time you can even wash the object.

If you have any querries please  write to me.


here is the link of my first cold porcelain project
Here from this vedio you can learn to make your first cold porcelain roeses.dont forget to send your pictures to me.


bye.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Blog ananya.... Thanks for sharing the recipe...Way to go ...
    Manju
    http://munchs-realm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems veary simple and tempting to give a try.
    Thanks for sharing
    anandhirajan
    www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...